Request An OPEB Valuation
Need an opeb valuation?
Fill out the form to start the process and someone from our team will get back to you shortly.
Items needed for your OPEB valuation
- List of all eligible active employees – include birth dates, hire dates, plan(s), plan coverage level, and allocation group (if you would like liabilities to be split by different groups)
- List of all retirees with coverage – include birth dates, plan(s), and plan coverage level, and ideally allocation group (if you would like liabilities to be split by different groups)
- Covered payroll – ideally the same fiscal year as the valuation; this may be provided per person, per allocation group, or in aggregate.
Premium Rate Sheet
Copy of the Prior Actuarial Valuation – only applicable for new clients
Questions to Answer
- Have the Plan’s benefits changed since the last valuation (i.e. cost sharing, eligibility, etc.)? If yes, how so?
- Do you anticipate any major changes in Plan benefits in the near future? If yes, what changes?
- Do spouse benefits change upon the death of the retiree? If yes, how so?
- Does the Plan pay any Medicare Part B premiums? If so, what % of premiums and for whom?
- Does the Plan pay any Medicare Part B penalties? If so, how much and for whom?
Financial Statement for Prior Fiscal Year
OPEB Asset Information (if applicable)
- Trust Statement – as of the Fiscal Year End (e.g. for a Fiscal 2020 valuation with a June 30, 2020 Fiscal Year End, we would need a trust statement as of June 30, 2020). A trust statement which breaks out the different investments is preferable.
- Trust Contributions – dates and amounts of trust contributions that were made in the same fiscal year as the OPEB valuation.
- Funding Policy – How much so you expect to contribute in future years? If you do not have a formal funding policy, please provide your best estimate.
- Investment Policy – Please provide if available.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about the above items or if any of these items are difficult to explain. We can work with you to clarify what we are looking for and we may be able to find a workaround if any of these items are difficult to obtain.