Entry Level Actuarial Analyst
We are recruiting for an Entry Level Actuarial Analyst. This position will afford an immediate opportunity to apply analytical, problem-solving, communication and technology skills contributing to the development of solutions to challenging client issues in our Colchester, CT office. You will have access to and work under the guidance and mentorship of talented senior level staff and will work as part of a team to ensure the efficient and accurate delivery of consulting services to a broad and diverse range of defined benefit, 401(k) and retiree medical clients. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to assist with complex actuarial and retirement consulting projects, consider a career with Odyssey.
The Entry Level Actuarial Analyst will assist actuaries in designing and evaluating employee benefit programs for a wide range of clients, with an emphasis on pension and post-retirement medical and insurance plans. You will also work with internal teams to determine the adequacy, funding requirements and financial impact of these plans, and ensure compliance with government regulations and financial accounting standards.
- Perform actuarial valuations in accordance with IRS regulations and ASC 715-30 & ASC 715-60
- Review data and asset reconciliations, individual sample cases, and liability results
- Prepare preliminary results and reports for funding and financial accounting purposes
- Calculate Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (“PBGC”) annual premiums
- Prepare and timely deliver government form filings
- Assist in non-discrimination testing for qualified pension plans
- Participate in employee benefits and retirement consulting projects
- Participate in engagements to broaden overall human resources knowledge
- Participate in practice development initiatives
In addition, the Actuarial Analyst must assist the Actuary and consultant to ensure effective presentation of results to clients.
Additional Skills are as follows:
- Effective Communication - Demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively, both verbally and written
- Team Player - Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect
- Time Management - Makes reasonable estimates of resources needed to achieve goals or complete projects. Uses methods to plan and track work and commitments
- Continuous Learning - Displays an ongoing commitment to increasing skills
- Emotional Intelligence - Consistently exercises sound judgment
- Experience with Microsoft® Excel, Access, Power Point and Word
- Must be a US Citizen or have US Work Authorization as we do not sponsor for any Visas
You Deeply Identify with Odyssey Advisors Values:
- Efficient & Speedy – you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious – you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed – you are passionate about the company’s purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented – you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Math or Statistics
- Advanced experience with Microsoft® Excel and Access
- Knowledge of or working experience with Salesforce, Lynchval or ASC
- Task management skills; detail orientation and organizational and analytical skills
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.