Consulting Healthcare Actuary
We are recruiting for a Healthcare Consulting Actuary with 4-7 years of relevant experience. Are you a data-driven professional interested in working with market leading tools and technology? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to consult with clients on complex actuarial and healthcare reform projects, consider a career with Odyssey.
A Consulting Actuary will be responsible for supporting Odyssey’s strategic growth by learning about new business development and product opportunities. In addition, the position will work to effectively apply the principals of project management and client relations.
- Lead and manage multiple client relationships and engagements;
- Implement initiatives for Odyssey products, tools and services through training and regular meetings;
- Project Management – Manage, adjust and communicate plan internally/externally throughout project;
- New Business Development – Support new business and/or product lines for the organization’s growth;
- Contribute to new marketing initiatives to generate sales leads;
- Provide deep level of technical expertise for client relationships;
- Assist actuaries and other financial experts in the delivery of value-added models, projections and analytics;
- Mentor others and support their professional growth.
Additional Skills are as follows:
- Initiative – Ability to decide in an independent way what actions should be taken;
- Effective Communication – Demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively, both verbally and written;
- Team Player – Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect;
- Time Management – Makes reasonable estimates of resources needed to achieve goals or complete projects. Uses methods to plan and track work and commitments;
- Continuous Learning – Displays an ongoing commitment to increasing skills;
- Leadership – Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods;
- Emotional Intelligence – Consistently exercises sound judgment;
- Strategic Thinking – Formulates objectives and priorities and implements plans consistent with the long-term interest of the organization and employees.
- ASA designation or near ASA;
- Minimum of 4 year of healthcare actuarial experience;
- Strong project management skills;
- Executive presence with excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to communicate effectively;
- Experience with Microsoft® Excel, Access, Power Point and Word.
You Deeply Identify with Odyssey Advisors Values:
- Efficient & Speedy – you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers.
- Intellectually Curious – you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you.
- Mission-Driven & Committed – you are passionate about the company’s purpose and are immensely productive.
- Team Oriented – you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Math or Statistics;
- Experience with Medicare, Commercial ACA, and/or Medicaid lines of business;
- Internal or external client management experience;
- Advanced experience with Microsoft® Excel and Access;
- Expertise in Salesforce;
- Working knowledge of database/statistical analysis language (SQL/SAS);
- Task management skills; detail orientation and organizational and analytical skills;
- Understanding of client business issues;
- Ability to work well with other team members, and to provide leadership;
- Demonstrate ability to develop relationships within/outside of the Actuarial practice;
- Must be a US Citizen or have US Work Authorization as we do not sponsor for any Visas.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.