Website Content Manager
We are recruiting for a Website Content Manager to drive all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across various platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and measurement. The position collaborates with public relations and marketing to help define both the brand story and the Customer perception. Ultimately, the job of the Website Content Manager is to think like a publisher / journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why.
- Develop and own functional content calendar.
- Write, edit and produce content.
- Integrate content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conduct ongoing tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gather data and handle analytics and making recommendations based on those results.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the realtime implementation of content strategies.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics such as funnel progression.
- Establish work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with website CMS.
- Work in partnership with designer and external agency on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
How is Success Evaluated?
The Website Content Manager is measured on the continual improvement of Customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects through the consistent development and deployment of content.
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in defined Customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, product demos, purchase, etc.).
- Website and social media traffic growth; positive sentiment metrics
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings, through SEO strategy to include content formatted for SEO indexing and ranking.
- A decrease in sales cycle time.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing).
- Lifetime customer value and customer satisfaction (NPS).
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. Superlative command of American English.
- 2-3 years of experience in multichannel content creation, including digital.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a branded voice.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to communicate effectively
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Experience creating compelling messages for different Customer targets. Can tell a story using words, images or audio and create content that draws in an audience.
- Project management skills to manage editorial calendar, manage campaigns and anticipate events.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, CSS, web publishing; proficient in social media and associated marketing applications.
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
You Deeply Identify with Odyssey Advisors Values:
- Efficient & Speedy – you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers.
- Intellectually Curious – you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you.
- Mission-Driven & Committed – you are passionate about the company’s purpose and are immensely productive.
- Team Oriented – you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team.
- Expertise in Salesforce and Pardot.
- Task management skills; detail orientation and organizational and analytical skills.
- Understanding of client business issues.
- Videography skills or ability to manage an outside videographer.
- Ability to work well with other team members, and to provide leadership.
- Demonstrate ability to develop relationships within/outside of the Actuarial practice.
- Must be a US Citizen or have US Work Authorization as we do not sponsor for any Visas.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.