Defined Contribution Analyst
We are recruiting for a Defined Contribution Analyst with 2-4 years of relevant experience. This position affords an immediate opportunity to apply analytical, problem-solving, communication and technology skills contributing to the development of solutions to challenging client issues. The Defined Contribution Analyst will have access to and work under the guidance and mentoring of talented senior level staff and will work independently and as part of a team to deliver consulting services to a broad and diverse range of defined benefit, 401(k) and retiree medical clients. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to consult with clients on complex actuarial and retirement consulting projects, consider a career with Odyssey.
A Defined Contribution Analyst will assist in designing and evaluating employee benefit programs for a wide range of clients, with an emphasis on Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit and post-retirement medical and insurance plans. You will also work with client teams to determine the funding requirements and financial impact of these plans, optimize the plan design and ensure compliance with government regulations and financial accounting standards.
- ADP/ACP non-discrimination testing
- Calculation of employer contributions
- Confirmation of participant eligibility
- Deposit reconciliation
- Distribution preparation and review
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with assigned clients
- HCE/Key employee determination
- IRC testing
- Optimizing plan to meet Plan Sponsor’s goals
- Preparation of Form 5500 & all related schedules
- Supplementary PPA Statements
- Trust Accounting
- Calculation and review of QDRO benefits
- Exposure to clients on a regular basis
- Effectively manage clients, projects, and team members to meet client expectations
- Participate in engagements to broaden overall human resources knowledge
- Participate in practice development initiative
In addition, the Actuarial Consultant must work with the Actuarial consultants to ensure effective presentation of results to clients.
Additional Skills are as follows:
- Initiative – Ability to decide in an independent way what actions should be taken;
- Effective Communication – Demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively, both verbally and written;
- Team Player – Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect;
- Time Management – Makes reasonable estimates of resources needed to achieve goals or complete projects. Uses methods to plan and track work and commitments;
- Continuous Learning – Displays an ongoing commitment to increasing skills;
- Emotional Intelligence – Consistently exercises sound judgment.
- Minimum of 2 years of Defined Contribution actuarial experience;
- Strong project management skills;
- Familiarity with DB and/or DC plan administration;
- Must be knowledgeable of ERISA, IRS and DOL rules & regulations;
- Priority on organization;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experience with Microsoft® Excel, Access, Power Point and Word.
You Deeply Identify with Odyssey Advisors Values:
- Efficient & Speedy – you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers.
- Intellectually Curious – you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you.
- Mission-Driven & Committed – you are passionate about the company’s purpose and are immensely productive.
- Team Oriented – you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team.
- Internal or external client management experience;
- Advanced experience with Microsoft® Excel and Access;
- Expertise in Salesforce;
- Experience with LynchVal and ASC;
- Task management skills; detail orientation and organizational and analytical skills;
- Understanding of client business issues;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to work well with other team members;
- Demonstrate ability to develop relationships within/outside of the Actuarial practice;
- Must be a US Citizen or have US Work Authorization as we do not sponsor for any Visas.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.