As an Actuarial Consultant, you will be applying analytical, problem-solving, communication and technology skills contributing to the development of solutions to challenging client issues in our Colchester, CT offices. You will have access to and work under the guidance and mentoring of talented senior level staff and will work independently and as part of a team to deliver consulting services to a broad and diverse range of defined benefit, 401(k) and retiree medical clients. You will be encouraged to engage in continual learning and development activities with the goal to advance to higher level positions, and will be supported in pursing progress toward actuarial accreditation through our competitive exam program and policy.
- Work with other team members to support our client needs
- Communicate effectively internally & externally
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Regulations & law are constantly changing – you ensure that you stay up to day to bring that knowledge to clients & fellow team members
- Perform technical creation & review of work products
- Constantly seek out new methods to improve our products & processes to ensure client satisfaction
- A broad understanding of business & finance
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related discipline; an intent to attain actuarial accreditation
- Relevant computer and software skills including thorough familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Programming knowledge beneficial
- Detail orientation and organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with a diverse audience
- One to two years of pension plan actuarial experience within a consulting firm is a plus.